Sunday, 12 May 2013

"Dil-e-Man Musafir-e-Man"




An attempt at a translation:

My heart, my way farer
It has been ordained again
That you and I be sent away
Holler out street after street
Look into alien avenues
To come across any clues
Of our beloved’s messenger.
And to ask every stranger
The way back to our home.
In these cities of unknown men
We crawl through hours long
Tell this traveller a word
Sing that stranger a song.
Oh, how should I explain to you
The misery of the night that befalls
We’d have thought it a blessing
Just to have been considered
Death would not have mattered hence
Had we to die only once.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem, Rich Autumns. What is the translation for the title?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. It's a poem by Faiz Ahmed Faiz. The title translates to "My Heart, My Traveller".

      Delete
  2. Beautiful job.
    Well done.
    Cheers, ic

    ReplyDelete

If you were here, drop a line.